Preparing for the upcoming COP28 Climate Change Summit
The conference will take place from November 30 to December 12, 2023, in Dubai
The COP28 Climate Change Summit is an important and necessary event to promote global action against climate change. The conference will take place from November 30 to December 12, 2023, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). Do you want to participate in this conference or follow its developments? If so, what do you need to prepare? Here are some suggestions for you:
If you want to attend the conference
- Registration: You need to register in advance to participate in the conference. You can register through the official COP28 website. You need to provide personal information, organization details, the reason, and the goal of attending the conference. You also need to have an account on the COP28 digital platform, where you can view the schedule, participate in meetings, and interact with other stakeholders.
- Prepare your luggage: You need to prepare your luggage, documents, and necessary items for the trip. You should have a passport, visa, flight ticket, vaccination certificate, and COVID-19 test (if required). You should also bring personal items, clothing, medication, laptop, phone, charger, headphones, pen, paper, and documents related to the conference. Limit unnecessary items to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from your luggage transportation.
- Understand rules and guidelines: You need to understand the rules and guidelines of the conference. Adhere to the security, safety, and health regulations of the conference. Wear identification badges, masks, maintain distance, wash hands, and sanitize regularly. Attend meetings according to the schedule and avoid disturbing or disrupting other stakeholders. Respect and listen to different opinions, and demonstrate cooperation and goodwill in reaching common agreements.
If you want to follow the conference
- Registration: Register on the COP28 digital platform, where you can watch live meetings, speeches, special events, and conference updates. You can also submit questions, opinions, and proposals to stakeholders through this platform. Provide personal information, organization details, the reason, and the goal of monitoring the conference when registering.
- Choose topics and meetings: Select topics and meetings that interest you and that you want to follow. You can view the detailed schedule of the conference on the official COP28 website or the daily program of the conference. Learn more about the topics and stakeholders of the conference through other reference sources. Choose topics and meetings that you have knowledge and interest in, and that can contribute to the conference's common goals.
- Prepare equipment and software: Prepare the necessary equipment and software to follow the conference. You need a stable internet connection, a laptop, phone, or tablet, a web browser, a video viewing application, headphones, and translation software (if needed). Check the time and time zone of the meetings you want to follow and arrange your schedule accordingly.
The COP28 Climate Change Summit is an important opportunity to promote global action against climate change. By preparing carefully, you can effectively participate or follow the conference and contribute to achieving its common goals. We hope this article helps you prepare well for the upcoming COP28 Climate Change Summit.